Sinusitis is any discomfort of inflammation in the sinuses connected with the nasal cavity. The sinuses or steam of the nasal openings are filled with air spaces in the skull. They are located behind the forehead, nasal bones, cheeks, and eyes. Simple runny nose is caused by unusually large amounts of nasal fluids with or without inflammation and obstruction of nasal breathing. Qatar is a runny nose with thick mucus and white blood cells in response to infection. But when the sinuses become blocked and filled with fluid, the germs can grow and cause infection.
Symptoms of Sinus
Sinusitis usually occurs after certain indications and the main symptoms of sinus are,
- Difficulty in breathing due to blocked nose.
- Thick discharge of mucus from the nose (white, yellow, green discharge)
- Pain in the ears, jaw and sometimes even the teeth
- Swelling of the Face
- Loss of the senses of smell and taste
- Bad breath
- Pressured Feeling in the face
- Facial pain
- Prolonged feeling of being unwell.
Cause of Sinus Blockage
There are different types of causes that will lead to sinus blockages. These conditions differ for children and people of other age categories. The main cause of sinus are listed below,
- Allergic rhinitis
- Nasal polyps
- A curved septum, which is a change in the nasal cavity
- Swelling in the nose like a common cold
- Blocked drainage channel
- Low Immune system
- For children,
- Illnesses with other children in day care or school
- Environmental smoke
Ayurveda Treatments for Sinusitis
The Ayurvedic treatment of sinusitis is multifaceted and can involve a series of detoxification processes through Panchakarma, oral medicines, dietary and lifestyle modifications.
Sinus ayurvedic treatment also includes therapies like Nasyam, Lepanam, Thalam, Vamanam, Shirodhara. These sinus treatments are commonly practiced depending on the dosha predominance and severity.
Nasya Karma or Nasyam is a unique and one of the five ayurvedic detoxification therapies, is highly beneficial treatment for Sinusitis. It is an ayurvedic treatment in which medicated oil or powder, or fresh juice is administered through the nostrils to clear the Kapha accumulated. Recurrence can also be prevented by this treatment.
Average duration of the sinus therapy will be around seven days. Oral medicines duration will be around 6 – 12 months depending on recovery.
Dhumapana with Haridra churnam is a best treatment to clear nasal passage and to reduce the kapha.
A steam incorporated with one drop of Nasal steam inhalation and the mixture of Camphor, Menthol, etc. should be inhaled twice daily to reduce congestion.
Lakshmi Vilas Ras & Karutta Gulika is yet another ayurvedic treatment for headache, forehead pain and a relief to nasal allergy. It also helps to build up the immunity if used for a long period.
Nasal Cleansing Exercise should also be practiced getting rid of sinus headache.
Jalaneti is a more effective Yogic practice to cure headache, cough & cold and sinusitis. Yoga Asanas that are useful to recover from sinusitis are Bhujangasana, Sarvangasana, Uttanasana etc.
Steps to Follow
To balance the Prana Vata and Shleshaka Kapha, follow a Vata-Kapha pacifying diet. Eat foods that are neither too hot nor too cold.
Drink plenty of water infused in spices, to purify the toxins causing sinuses. Steam on a regular basis.
Body should be detoxified to re-establish a balanced environment in the sinus area.
Package Tariff – Ayurveda Treatment for Sinus & Migraine
Treatment charges for Sinusitis and Migraine at Ayurmithra will be at reasonable price and it may differ as per the patient’s condition. For more details, kindly fill this simple contact form to book an appointment with us for free consultation.
Despite the ayurvedic treatment, certain changes in your routine life habits have to be done.
- Always keep yourself sufficiently hydrated.
- Take precautions to keep yourself warm and away from diseases in winter.
- Avoid smoking.
- Include seasonal native fruits in your diet.
- Eat warm and freshly prepared food.
- Avoid cold food, drinks, and showers.
- Cut down excessive intake of oily, sweet, salty, sour and heavy foods because that would take too long to digest.
- Regulate the habit of including garlic, onion, turmeric, basil, cumin, cinnamon, black pepper, rock salt and ginger in your daily foods.
- Avoid day sleep, sleeping excessively or sleeping late at night.
- Keep your bowels clear.
- Avoid using mosquito repellents frequently.
- Protect yourself against dust, chemicals, irritants, pollutants, pollen and smoke by covering your mouth and nose or wearing a mask.